Monday, August 15, 2011

I was Reminded Again!!!

I write this with an attitude of appreciation, thankfulness and awe at how awesome the Lord is!

I feel like more often than not, I am not very good at appreciating what I have been given and being thankful for what I have.

Why do I struggle with with that so much? Why can't I be thankful every second of every day?! WHY? :)

A light bulb went off in my head today when I was thinking about some family and friends who are going through some very tough things right now. I know things can be hard for me at times, but I think there are always people going through harder things than my current situation.

I have a friend who on Facebook has what she calls "Thankful Thursdays." She posts something that she is thankful for that day, and asks others what they are thankful for. I usually read over what people say, but lately I haven't wanted to participate or really think about and truly be thankful for something in my life. It is what you could call a bad attitude. ;) I am sure no one else has ever experienced that, huh???

But really, with all that said, we do need to be thankful. I need to be thankful!

The Lord is so great and so full of compassion and patience! How amazing it is for me to realize these things and know that my Lord still loves me, cares for me, directs me and guides me even though I make silly decisions about not being thankful for what I have been given.

Things I am thankful for right now...just to show a few, in no particular order...

AWANA. The program and all the leaders/helpers that aren't all shown here.


My family and surviving the 4th of July run. :)


My 2 besties and our best-cation ever!


Meeting Kiowa Gordon and Tinsel Korey.


Family. And all of my family that isn't pictured here as well.


My two little busy, active, creative, feisty, adorable, smart, independent boys.


Reconnecting with a childhood friend and her adorable baby Kai!

Thank you for listening to me! I hope this encourages you to be thankful. ;)

Aloha.

1 comment:

BETHANY said...

I happen to know that "Thankful Thursday" girl started that tradition because she had a really, super duper, incredible rotten attitude about her circumstances and knew she needed to change her attitude. :)