Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The 4th!!!











I love the 4th!

This year started a lot differently for Trev and I. We ran in the Ashland 10k race. Wow. A little on the brutal side . I am glad we did it in the end. If we do it again I would like our time to decrease by 10-15 minutes. That is probably why people keep doing runs, to beat their times and other peoples times, huh?

After we ran and didn't fall over (not joking), we ate a couple bites of food they had for us and then rode our bikes back home to shower. After we hooked the tag-a-long and trailer up to my bike we rode back up and met up with the Cox family, my mom and the boys to watch the JETS and the parade.

We had lunch at home, rested/napped and then headed over to the open space across the street from my moms. It was a wonderful, relaxing BBQ. Great food and great company!

After dinner we went home, got ready for bed and called it a night. I saw a couple of the Ashland City fireworks from our bathroom window, but that was it for us and fireworks this year. :)

Hope you all had a great 4th! I am so thankful to the men and women who have served for this countries freedom! And the current solders too! What solders do is beyond appreciated. Remember to thank our troops!

Aloha.

No comments: