Thursday, December 31, 2009

Night 1 - We survived

As you have read already we have had about a month of Gabe waking up every night. The reason might have first been for teething, but I think now it has become a bad habit.

Last week at Gabe's 9 month check up, the doctor, Jani, asked us if we had let him just cry it out. She said that after he gets the 3rd and 4th tooth on the bottom, we should have about a month break before molars. We have to be serious about it though. Stick it out and let him cry himself or calm himself back to sleep. She said he could cry for about 45 minutes to an hour.

So, my plan was to wait until after he got his teeth. However, after being very sleepy these last couple of days, Trever mentioned having Gabe cry it out last night. I don't know if he fully understood what that meant. But we all found out.

Trever has had the week off (mostly) and the thought of trying to get Gabe to sleep through the night while he was home and not needing to be at work at 6:30am did cross my mind. So. Last night, we did it. The first night we survived and I am expecting 2 or 3 more of these nights to get out of the waking up habit. Gabe cried and was m.a.d. mad. But we all survived. Trever and I did get back to sleep and so did Gabe. I think Carson might have woken up for a couple of minutes, but I didn't hear much out of him.

Night 1 - a good amount of crying. Didn't look too rough in the morning, just a tiny puffiness to one eye.

Updates to come.

Aloha!

No comments: