Thursday, February 14, 2013

Fruit-Eze

I was talking to a friend and Fruit-Eze came up in the conversation.  I had had it in the hospital after having Finn.

It was on sale this last week at our local store, but it is just a little spendy for me.  Then I had a thought!  I could try to make it up myself!?!  The ingredients are prunes, raisins, dates and prune juice.  So, I had to figure out how to put it all together.  When Carson was a baby I had to give him iron and ground up prune.  I boiled them and then would grind them up in the little baby food grinder.  So, this time I was thinking about boiling them or steaming them.  I decided to go with steaming.   



After I steamed them until they were soft, I used the food processor to grind them all up!  I added some of the water from steaming the dried fruit to thin it all out a little.  Carson was my taste tester.  I think it was a success with our homemade fruit-eze!   

ALoHa! 

1 comment:

Doni said...

Will you share the quantities and ratio you used for the ingredients? How long did you steam it?