Friday, May 31, 2013

May 31, 1995

18 years ago today, my Grandpa came home from one of his hospital places he had been in and out of.  At that stage of his illness he was pretty out of it.  A lot out of it this particular day.  I remember watching the ambulance drive up onto the grass to get as close as possible to the front door, so that they could bring him in on his gurney.  Once they got him out of the ambulance, my Grandma was right by his side saying "You're home, you're home..." in between giving him kisses and washing his cheeks with her tears.

As out of it he was that day, he knew where we was.  He knew he was home.  And within 5 minutes of him being home, he really did go home.  He went to his eternal home.  He left us to be with his Lord and Savior, Jesus.





As my boys continue to grow, I find myself often thinking about how much he would love them and how much they would love him!  I wish he was here to teach them cribbage like he taught me, or to make a multiplication table like he to used to do for me.  He would write it all out and then tape it up to make it sturdier.  I miss him dearly.  And now I need to stop so I don't have a melt down.

I love you Grandpa and can't wait to see you again!  

No comments: