Tuesday, July 28, 2009

How to get a Child to Play Nice

That was the title of an email I just got from BabyCenter. I can tell you the answer. PRAY!!!

My good friend, Gina, and I have been getting together once in a while to have lunch. Gina's oldest, Elijah, will be 4 in September and Carson will be 3 in December. So there is a little bit of an age difference. There have been several times when the two of them just DO NOT GET A LONG in the littlest bit. Taking toys from each other, yelling at each other, just being naughty with each other. Some may say, "Oh, they're just being boys." Well. I do NOT think it is OK for my son to behave like that with his friends. So, what I have been doing the last couple times is praying. I pray that the Lord's peace will reign over our house, in us, and in anyone who comes over. Daily, I also stand on the promise of Isaiah 54:13 that says "All my children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be their peace." The last couple of times when we have had them over it has been completely different! Praise God!

I am sure it is helping that they are older every time we do see each other, but I am giving credit to where credit is due. God. He is so faithful! We have also been working with Carson (with neighbor kids and church friends) on being nice to kids. Not hitting, pushing, or taking toys out of other kids hands. We still have more work to do, of course, but there has been major progress! Thank you Jesus!!!

Just wanted to share on how I get kids to play nice at my house. :)

On a side note: I am sure that Gina and David also work with Elijah on his behavior just how Trever and I do with Carson. I haven't talked about this today with Gina, so I can only speak for myself.

ALOHA and may you be richly blessed and touched by the Lord.

No comments: