Wednesday, September 23, 2009

6 MONTHS!!!

Gabe is already 6 months! Amazing how the time has just zoomed by.



On Wednesday he had his 6 month appointment and weighed in at 18 lbs 11.5 ounces and 26 1/2 inches long. He has his 2 bottom teeth and the doctor said the 2 top ones might be coming in soon, as his gums look swollen.

Carson, at his 6 month appointment weighed in at 20 lbs. and 28 inches.

At the appointment Jani asked me if he was sitting up and I went on to explain how with Carson I was always looking ahead and pushing him to do the next thing. Rolling over, sitting up, crawling, walking, talking...that I felt like I was always looking ahead and not just enjoying the present time and what he was currently doing. So, I made a decision not to push Gabe at all. He has really done everything on his own, in his own timing. I have heard multiple times that after the 1st child, other siblings tend to grow up faster, cause they want to be like their older sibling. I figure since Gabe will probably fall into that category, I don't need to push anything.

So, after all that, yesterday I sat him on the bed and he held himself up! Not perfectly, and not for a long time, but he did it!



Aloha.

No comments: