Friday, May 29, 2009

BLESSED

At some point in time we all get an idea of what our lives will be like. We'll get married, have 2.5 kids, live in the perfect house in the perfect city or town. However, sometimes things (and God) change our ideas or plans. Last night after my hubby got home from work, he helped put training wheels on Carson's new bike (Thank you Kai!!!), BBQed some steaks that had been marinating (in soy sauce, a little water, and some molasses~turned out VERY yummy) for a couple of days and spent a lot of time with Carson. We were getting ready to put Carson to bed and we were all in his room. I was holding a sleepy baby Gabe who didn't want to sleep in his bed, and "Pop" was hugging Carson. I looked at Trever and our boys and thought about how blessed I am. Right now, in this time, we have our health, and our great family. Although things aren't how I thought they would be (financially) once we did have kids, I am still RICHLY blessed by Jesus! I know times WILL change, and I have hope in the Lord for that time. God formed these 2 little guys inside of me, every ounce, every cell ~ He made PERFECT. I choose to TRUST in my Lord and Savior for the times ahead that will be different and better.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Ditto Ditto Ditto...let me add what a beautiful valley we live in and all the amazing people God has put around us. He truly is the God of Wonders and you are a wonderful family!

Goosegirl said...

Hi cousins. You all look great, and yes we are blessed. It would be nice to not be stretched as thin as we are, but healthy kids and intact families are the most important thing. I hope we can see you guys this summer sometime.