Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Weigh in and more...

So, Gabe and I went to the doctors this morning. He is weighing in for his 2 months at a whopping 13#'s 13.5 ounces!!! And is 23 1/2 inches long. He is a great eater and a great little growing baby. Carson @ 2 months weighed 13.8#'s and was 24 inches long.

Before the doctor's, I had just fed Gabe and he was laying on the bed next to where Carson was supposed to be eating his oats/yogurt. I was running around the house getting things ready to leave and I glanced at Gabe and he had (what I thought was) spit up on his cheek and the bed. So, I went to clean him up and there was this chunk on the bed. I looked closer and it was one oat in some yogurt. The yogurt was also on Gabe's face. Carson was trying to feed baby Gabe. He said "he needs to eat."

STUBBORN: tenaciously unwilling or marked by tenacious unwillingness to yield. That would be Carson today with the oats that I mentioned earlier. This morning he had half a piece of peanut butter toast and wouldn't eat his oats/yogurt. Because he has gotten to a point where sometimes he won't eat what we make for him, we have a rule that if you don't eat it, you eat it for the next meal/snack until it is gone before you can have something else. So, it is 2:04 and he went down for his nap about 15 minutes ago and still has not eaten the WHOLE bowl of oats. He has had a couple of bites here and there, but man a live! I would imagine he will be VERY hungry when he wakes up from his nap. He usually eats breakfast, a snack and lunch before nap. So, he is going on a lot less calories so far. It will be interesting to see what he eats and the amount he eats after nap time.

No comments: