Thursday, January 21, 2010

Encouraging Song

We are listening to Selah right now and came across the song 'Before the Throne of God.' Some times while I listen to songs my ears pick up on certain words or phrases of the song, which just amazes me. Ya know, like you have never heard that part before, but really in fact you have?

All of the lyrics are below, but I wanted to show you the part that really stood out to me.

"My name is graven on His hands, My name is written on His heart."

I know in the time of trials a lot of us tend to get discouraged and feel alone, but remember He has your name written on His heart. Did you hear me? The Creator of the world, the heavens and everything on them, knows your name! No matter what you are going through, He knows. He wants to comfort you, encourage you, hold you and carry you! We just have to let Him. Give up on trying to fix things yourself and let Him do His mighty work in and through us. He loves you so much and longs to be your helper.

Before the Throne of God

Before the throne of God above I have a strong,
a perfect plea A great High Priest whose name is
Love Who ever lives and pleads for me

When Satan tempts me to despair and tells me
of the guilt within Upward I look and see Him there,
Who made an end to all my sin

Because the sinless Savior died my sinful
soul is counted free For God the Just is
satisfied to look on Him and pardon me To look on Him and pardon me

Before the throne of God, I come
Before the throne of God, I come

Behold Him there, the risen Lamb my perfect spotless righteousness
The great unchangeable I Am, the King of glory and of grace

My name is graven on His hands
My name is written on His heart
I know that while in Heaven, He stands
No tongue can bid me thence depart

One with Himself I cannot die
My soul is purchased with His blood
My life is hid with Christ on high
With Christ my Savior and my God
With Christ my Savior and my God


Love you!

No comments: